- Payment terms on installation inclusive contracts: 65% Deposit is required on placement of orders, 25% on delivery of units to site. Balance payable on completion.
- Payment terms on supply only contracts: 65% Deposit on acceptance of contract, 35% due before collection/ delivery.
- Receipt of signed quotation and proof of payment will be deemed as acceptance of contract and of our terms and conditions.
- EFT payments into bank account only, any costs incurred through cash deposits into our account will be for the customer’s account.
- In the case of a cheque deposit arrangement being made – Contract will only be marked as accepted when funds are cleared in our account.
- Orders below R8 000-00 to be paid in full on order.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise, all invoices are due and payable upon presentation.
- No retention money is applicable and final payment is due on practical completion (The stage of completion where the works or a section thereof is substantially complete and can effectively be used for the purposes intended). All our work is guaranteed and any snags will fall under the guarantee.
- No Guarantees will be applicable unless all monies are paid in full.
- All products manufactured, delivered and/or installed shall remain, in total, the sole property of EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) until paid for in full.
- Cancelled orders will be subject to R450.00 handling/ administration fee. Should any material purchases have been made by EGA – the cost of any customised materials will be charged for.
- Workmanship guaranteed for 12 months.
- Aluminium powder coating is guaranteed for 15 years by extrusion supplier as per their terms and conditions.
PRODUCT SIZE AND APERTURE PREPARATION.
- The quotation is based upon the sizes of product quoted and the preparation of apertures is the responsibility of the Client. Any size changes will be charged for accordingly.
- The apertures of the building will be pre-measured before manufacturing commences.
- The units ordered herein are made to measure and once units have been manufactured it cannot be cancelled or varied in any manner whatsoever. Should changes be required, the Client undertakes to pay for all costs already incurred by EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) in the execution of this order whether fully or partially completed.
- Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure the accuracy of our quotations we accept no liability for errors or omissions which may be found to have occurred. The Client is advised to carefully study the quotation to establish the accuracy thereof.
- Any changes to the quote will be in writing, No verbal changes to the quote will be accepted and if so, EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) will not be held responsible for any errors.
- A Lead time of +/- 15 working days is to be allowed to manufacture standard items of stock. Special items or colours could take longer, or as advised by EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd).
- Lead time on Powder Coating & Anodising of special colours is +/-15 working days. Client to provide correct colour code or sample.
- This quotation is subject to the express condition that EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) shall in no way be liable for any consequential loss, damage or delay to the customer arising from an Act of God, Act of State, breakdown of equipment, labour dispute, war, riot civil commotion, transport delay or any other causes beyond the control of EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd).
- Goods delivered with protection will be deemed to be in good condition.
- The risk in and to the goods sold and delivered by EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) to the Client shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- Once goods are delivered EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) accepts no liability should damage occur. EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) will not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to existing property or personnel injuries.
- Any contractor’s registration fees “to get access to a security complex” will be for the clients account unless otherwise agreed to in writing.
- Installation will take place between Mon –Thursday 8:00-16:00 and Fridays 08:00 – 14:00.
- Duration of installation will vary depending on the status of the building once work commences.
- After hours and weekend installation will be charged additional if Client insists installation to proceed after hours.
- If our installation teams are required to work according to Clients time schedule, “split installations” a new installation date will have to be rescheduled. All outstanding monies to be settled immediately.
- EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) will not guarantee waterproofing for any Sliding door or Vista fold tracks being put on top of tiles.
- We will not be held responsible for floors that are not level. Any adjustments or cutting of doors will be for Clients account.
- EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) will supply scaffolding up to 3m “free of charge”, should it be necessary to go higher this cost will be for the Client’s account.
- EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) cannot be held liable for tiles cracking and breaking when drilling for dust sockets.
- EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) cannot be held liable for damages to plaster and paint work.
- Client has the choice to leave the protection tape on and clean it himself or to ask us to clean while we are on site. Any call outs for cleaning and removal of protection tape will be charged for.
- Whilst we will endeavour to meet the required installation date, such date shall not constitute a material term of this contract and any failure to adhere to such proposed date shall not entitle the Client to cancel this contract or to relieve him from his strict performance of all his obligations.
- This quote excludes all or any building, plastering and tiling work.
- Silicone & sealing of windows and doors will be quoted for and itemised separately where required by client, and if not itemised, is excluded from this quotation.
- Our quotations specifically exclude sandblasting, night-latches, cabin hooks, burglar bars, weather strips or any special ironmongery unless so specified in writing.
- Flush bolts do not fall under our guarantee. If broken flush bolts are assessed to have been damaged due to mishandling, they will be charged for.
GLAZING COMPLIANCE CERTICATE
- Glazing to be carried out as per SAGGA regulations. All glass to be clear and standard unless specified otherwise.
- It’s the architect’s responsibility to calculate U-values and stipulate glass specifications.
- Glazing certificates will only be issued once final payment has been received.
ACCEPTANCE OF QUOTE.
- The contract will only commence once the quotation has been signed or a written order received and deposit paid in full
- All quotations are compiled based upon the information and specifications provided by yourself (or your professional consultants)
- Notwithstanding the terms of an accepted quotation, should the information, specification or any other relevant factors leading to a quotation be materially altered at any time, EGA Glass and Aluminium PTY (Ltd) may include the costs and fees related to such alteration in its interim and final invoices.
- The client confirms that they have read all above conditions, and have accepted such. This quote remains valid for 30 working days, thereafter may then become subject to material price increases.